Many of us have scars. Whether they’re from childhood accidents, surgery or illness, some scars will fade over time but it’s unlikely they’ll completely disappear by themselves. If you’re looking to reduce their appearance, you’ll need to look into scar treatment.
- Keloids and sunken acne scars are least likely to fade .
- If left untreated, sunken acne scars may become more noticeable as your skin loses elasticity with age.
- With scarring, prevention is better than the cure. Care for your wounds to help prevent scarring.
In this article:
- How long does it take for untreated scars to fade?
- How long does it take for scar treatment to make scars fade?
- Factors in time it takes for scars to fade